Monday 4 June 2012

Ranch Dressing

Here's a little look I put together in celebration of my two newest crushes: my Inglot eye shadows, and a hunky dorey necktie (or bolo tie) I recently discovered at an op-shop in Brunswick. I may do a review of my purdy Inglot palette in the coming weeks, so I wont harp on about that too much. I will rave about the necktie however, which was an absolute steal at AUD $4! The lady at the till actually asked me what I'd like to pay for it because the price tag had fallen off. I laughed and said "no more than $5", half joking and half hoping, and she popped it through for me without a moment's hesitation. Yay! Thank you Savers on Sydney Rd! Now I'm a real cowgirl!


My wild hair appears to be obstructing the tie, but you get the jist!

Here she is!

Her gleaming face!
I was immediately drawn to the beautiful gold detailing and the flat multi-faceted cut. It doesn't show up so well in this photo, but it really catches the light. I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I thought it was a bit of a lark. Plus, dare I say it, elegant?! 

To dress it up a bit, I paired the tie with a sheer, sleeveless, asymmetrical tunic with gold buttons, and a cropped blazer. Buttoning the tunic right up to my neck seemed to draw attention to the tie, but I imagine it would also work quite well loosened around a lower cut top. To bring out the gold I rummaged around my jewellery box and found a drop earring with gold rhinestones. This was a bit of a change for me as I'm usually so so faithful to my pearl studs. I know, right?! Branching out!

For my hair, I loosely curled it with my straightening iron, and then pinned, lightly hairsprayed and did a bit of a fingerwave at the front. Then, since I have a ridiculous obsession with wearing bows, feathers and flowers, I clipped in a little black bow I picked up from Diva.

Shiny shiny lids, care of the wonderous Inglot

All over my lids I wore my Inglot AMC Shine eye shadow in 31, and blended the 409 into my outer corner. I also added my MAC gel liner along the waterline to define my eyes. Keeping my lips fairly natural I opted for my Chi Chi lipstick in Centrefold as a base, with my Rimmel lippy in Airy Fairy over the top. I've had the latter lippy for years and years, but I've just recently rediscovered it. It's definitely made me want to go and test out some other Rimmel lipsticks though! I just love how they feel to wear, and the smell is really lovely.

Surpisingly, I'm not wearing a highlighter at all here. Just a MAC blush in Frankly Scarlet. Which is matte! I think the camera may be picking up the SPF in my moisturiser perhaps. Regardless, I like how it looks in these shots.

Yeehaw!


18 comments:

  1. Wow ,great Look ,love it!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog, I have to say your eyebrows are really interesting! I don't think I've ever seen anyone with eyebrows like yours :)
    thelifeofemily-alice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure whether to reply here or on YOUR blog. Anyway, your welcome!

      It's funny you should mention the eyebrows. I've been pulled aside countless times by curious customers at work and even strangers out on the street who are interested in how I do them, whether they're tattoos etc etc. So apparently you're not alone there!

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely, but I couldn't help but notice how amazing your hair is! Looks lovely!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The necktie is a great little find, glad you managed to bargain it down (kind of :p) to a fantastic price as well :) The black shirt really shows off the gold and the intricate detailing. Frankly Scarlet looks lovely on you, really complements your hair. Airy Fairy is a really pretty colour as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yeah, it didn't take too much haggling! I think I'd be rubbish at that!

      I'd originally bought Frankly Scarlet purely as an eyebrow colour (to match my hair obviously), but I really like how it looks on my cheeks. It's a little intimidating because it's so insanely bright, but applying just the smallest amount can look so pretty.

      Oh and Airy Fairy is so different from all my other lipsticks. I believe Priceline is having 20% off Rimmel starting this Thursday so I might have to pick up another lippy from the same range. It wears so well.

      Delete
  5. Love.It! Wish I pull something like that off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding?! I definitely think you could pull it off. If you're brave enough for coloured ombre hair, you're definitely brave enough for a little ole' neck tie!

      Delete
  6. Wowsersss your hair is amazing! I love it - and your eyebrows. Lovee the neck tie - how cuteee :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much sweetpea! These photos remind me I need to get my roots done though. Haha!

      Delete
  7. I love inglot! I just ordered a blush palette and im dying waiting for it. This look is so beautiful and your skin looks amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, me too! Hopefully you do a review on the palette. I'd love to drool over the colours. Plus you never really hear that much about Inglot's blushes.

      Delete
  8. Very sweet make-up, I do have to say your brows are AMAZING! What do you use to color them? Very good shape too and your haircolor is gorgeous, yay for vibrant colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honeybee! I'm totally with you there on the bright hair colours. Even if it's a wig. It never fails to make me that little bit happier when I see someone trotting along with a vibrant mane! Oh and I do my brows freehand by going over them with a Rimmel eyebrow pencil in hazel, then precisely shaping them with concealer (as the moment it's one with a brush applicator, and then filling them in with my MAC brush in Frankly Scarlet. Works a treat!

      Delete
    2. Oops! Meant to say 'blush' not 'brush'.

      Delete