Friday 27 April 2012

Eyes All Aflutter With Paperself Lashes

Pinch me, I'm dreaming! Ever since one of my friends introduced me to these amazing paper lashes I have been completely smitten. I can't think of a product that makes me feel more romantic and extravagant. As far as false lashes go; these take the cake. I realise this post may be one gigantic swoon, but I simply couldn't resist the urge to share them with you!
. 

Deer and Butterfly Lash from Paperself

Each pair of these wonderful lashes are intricately cut, apparently "inspired by the art of Chinese paper-cutting". There are currently 19 designs in the collection which include full lashes and some smaller, outer corner lashes. Each are housed in an equally beautiful embossed paper box. The one below is a little different because it's a Victoria and Albert Museum exclusive.


The Stunning Packaging

Lashes Removed From the Outer Box 

A Little Explanation of the Lace Garden Design

V&A Lace Garden Lashes. Sigh. Perfect!

Being made of a delicate material like paper the first question on your lips may very well be "do they last?" If you're very gentle when removing them from the packet (and from your lashline after use) they can actually last you as long as regular falsies. Of course, they're more likely to get damaged if you get caught in the rain or find yourself face first on a pillow after a big night out, but generally they're fine. I've worn my Peach Blossom pair twice now and they're still good to go!


Looking Like a Deer in the Headlights With My Peach Blossom Lashes

As you can see in the photo above, the full lashes can easily be trimmed and arranged any way that you like. I really love how creative you can be with the lashes in this way. They can create such a different look depending on whether you choose to wear the full lash (I don't know if I'd be game enough) or section it off and position them wherever takes your fancy!

The only teeny tiny downside of the Paperself lashes is that firstly, they don't include glue and secondly, you can sometimes feel them against your skin. The former isn't really a big deal because I assume most girls have Duo glue or some other brand of adhesive at hand. The latter may be a bit of an annoyance for some. Personaly, I was ok with feeling the lashes hitting my browbone from time to time. But as they're not a particularly soft material, this might irritate those people who aren't comfortable with having that kind of slightly abrasive contact. In my opinion, they're totally worth it though!

Forgive the Slightly Dodgey Application!
Now we get to the nitty gritty: stockists and pricing. As they are a London based company, it's obviously easier (and cheaper) to purchase them in the UK, or even the US for that matter. I picked up the Deer and Butterfly pair from Sephora on a trip to New York and the Lace Garden pair from the Victoria & Albert Museum giftshop in London. Annoyingly, my friend doesn't remember where she found the Peach Blossom pair here in Melbourne. You can of course buy them from the Paperself Website, but be warned, the lashes cost a whopping $19.50 for the full set and $16.50 for the outer corner set. Plus international postage is $11 for the first pair and around $2 extra for any additional pairs. My recommendation? Pick them up on holiday or befriend a lovely UK or US girly who's willing to send them to you! Regardless, they're just too beautiful not to snap up! I'm currently eyeing off the Bird pair. Excuse the pun!

xx.

8 comments:

  1. These are so dainty! Thanks for sharing!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they sweet?! More than welcome. Thanks a bunch for reading.

      Delete
  2. Wow, these are amazing, you pull them off extremely well to x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so nice of you to say. I'm really happy I can make them work for me. I'd hate to let them go to waste in a drawer somewhere!

      Delete
  3. These were recently brought to my attention, they're definitely beautifully packaged and a very creative and unique way to wear lashes :) I am rubbish at putting on lashes so I think I might struggle with these, but you pull them off really well, very whimsical and a little bit theatrical :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thankyou for saying so. Yeah, being a drama girl I've always had a bit of a soft spot for theatrical makeup. So these are just the ticket!

      I suppose I probably wouldn't reccommend them if you do have trouble with falsies as they can be a little fiddly. But I think they're worth the effort (and potential frustration!)

      Delete
  4. I have wanted to try these for ages. They look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my god.

    I'm obsessed

    I need these in my life!

    alex
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete