Thursday 19 April 2012

Wrapped Up and Pinned

Just a quick little post today. I went out for drinks last night to the Carlton Club. Yesterday was just too warm and lovely not to make the most of the weather by sharing a jug of delicious fruity cocktail at a tiki-esque rooftop bar. For a while now I've been avoiding this particular bar on the basis that their weekend security is simply awful. The apparent 'dress code' they have seems to be as changeable as the weather. I've had friends (mostly male) that have been rejected for being too under dressed and too overdressed! Anyway, I figured that as this was a weeknight it'd be much more relaxed. And it was.

More on topic, I went on an op-shop (thrift store) scarf buying spree during the day and decided to sport this wonderful floral print scarf out for the night.

Diolen 100% Polyester Scarf. $5 from my local Op-Shop.

I've been loving wearing scarves in my hair of late. They can completely transform any look and are easy to bobby pin any way that you'd like. Plus op-shops generally have such a huge selection in all different colours and patterns for around $5 or under. These aren't the kinds of colours I'd usually go for (I'm not a huge fan of wearing brown) but I thought the design was really pretty and the flowers matched my hair quite nicely.


Anyone else found any op-shop treasures recently?

10 comments:

  1. you are gorgeous, and you styled the scarf perfectly! i wish there was some decent thrift stores near where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou Heather. That's sweet of you. Yeah they can certainly save you some cash. And you can often find some real one-of-a-kind stuff.

      xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely hair accessory, I'd not think to wear scarves in my hair but this complements your hair colour perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fairly stoked about finding it actually! Ta for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    I love the scarf and your hair, looks great. I'm still trying to find a way to wear scarves in my hair because I always think they don't suit me but I love them :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks! No biggie.

      Yeah, I have the same trouble with beanies! I can never find one that suits me. I feel like they make my head look small!

      Thanks for stopping by hun.

      Delete
  4. Very good ideas i´ll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair! And looks so lush with the scarf as well - love the palette.

    L.
    Good Morning Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. youre really good at it! looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete