Sunday 8 April 2012

Kitty Kiss



Apparently Priceline has been stocking Hello Kitty cosmetics for a little while now, but it wasn't until recently that I actually noticed them. To be fair, the stand that they're on is itty bitty and swamped by the comparatively large Loreal and Maxfactor sections.

Whether you like Hello Kitty or not (I've never been a fan) you have to admit that the packaging for this lipstick is gorgeous. It's from the Kiss and Matte range which means that it is a semi-matte lippy. The colour I snatched up is Bollywood which is a lovely, very wearable bright pink shade.




Firstly, I'm in love with this colour. I'm usually a bit tentative about wearing pinks. I often feel as though they make me look like I've broken into my Mum's makeup case. This shade however, was just bright enough to be fun without looking tacky. Also when it faded it blended out into a rosy pink colour which looked quite nice. So win win on that one.

The formula itself is fairly moisturising as far as a semi-matte goes. If it weren't for the plasticy smell of the lippy I'd swear I was applying a nourishing balm. It's perhaps not the most long lasting lipstick but I suppose that's to be expected when you're paying a mere $11.00 for it. Even less with the $5.00 off deal Priceline's currently running for members! Yay!




I also like the small, travel-friendly size of the lipstick tube. The amount of product you get is 3.5gm's, so more than a standard MAC lipstick, but the tube itself is two thirds the size. So it's totally up my alley given how much I love to travel (and conserve space in my luggage for bringing back goodies for that matter!)

Meow!
  

2 comments:

  1. The shade is gorgeous! I'm a sucker for hello kitty! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really jumped on the Hello Kitty bandwagon but I think the packaging of their cosmetic line is very cute. Plus now I have a lovely staple pink to add to my rather modest lipstick collection. Yay!

    Thanks a bunch for subscribing by the way. That's very sweet of you.

    Courtney :)

    ReplyDelete