I'm currently a subscriber to Glossybox Australia, which (as many of you may already know) is Australia's version of the American Birchbox. I've been signed up to this particular beauty box since December and have received both drugstore and high-end products ranging from makeup to haircare to skincare to nail polish to perfume and everything in between. Since I've only just started this humble little blog of mine I've missed out on the opportunity to blab about the past 4 months' hits and misses. So I thought I'd do a bit of a 'Best Of The Boxes' post and chat about my top 5 Glossy products so far. Admittedly, most of them are from the January box but that's just how things go. Behold!
|Left to Right: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colour, John Frieda Frizz-Ease Finishing Creme, Kosmea Daily Facial Exfoliant, Sheercover Nourishing Moisturiser & Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara|
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colour in the colour Petal Pusher. I was a little sceptical of this to begin with. I've tried a lot of supposedly 'quick drying' polishes which haven't lived up to their name. This exceeded my expectations. As the name suggests the polish is super quick to dry. After about a minute it was completely, run-your-keys-along-your-nails dry. As a girl who does her nails late at night and often wakes up with quilting indents this was an absolute godsend. So much so that I went out and purchased the Sally Hansen Ista-Dri Top Coat which is equally amazing. I really really love the brush too. It's wide and dense, making it a breeze to apply.
- John Frieda Frizz-Ease Finishing Creme. This is certainly not a new product by any means. I remember purchasing this years ago. Even still, receiving it in my Glossybox reminded me of why I used it in the first place. It's great for smoothing fly-aways and making my hair look more hydrated and healthy. Plus it smells so good! If you run it through your hair in the morning you can still smell it at the end of the day! A word of warning though - using too much on dry hair can give it a wet appearance which isn't great if you've just straightened it. So it pays to use the creme rather sparingly.
- Kosmea Daily Facial Exfoliant. I have to say, when I first tried this I hated it simply for the smell. It's unique to say the least. Kind of peppery. I'm not sure if it was the rose hips or the chamomile, or both, but I detested it. In spite of this I persevered with it because the effect the product had on my skin was lovely. It does a great job of brightening and softening and works wonderfully as a face mask for a deep cleansing facial treatment. These days I don't even mind the smell so much!
- Sheercover Nourishing Moisturiser. Yes. We've all seen the late-night ads on TV. The kind that make your mind go numb because every single person rattles on about how extraordinary the Sheercover brand is. While this product is not extraordinary by any means (the retail price leaves little to be desired) I adored this product for 3 reasons. Firstly, it's the perfect daily moisturiser for me. It's not too heavy and it sinks into the skin quickly leaving it fresh and soft rather than greasy. Secondly, it contains SPF 15 which is always a plus when you're positioned under a giant hole in the ozone layer! Thirdly, it's a great base for makeup. I have used day creams under my foundation before and they've always tried to escape through. This one sits under makeup beautifully. So yay for that! It should be noted that while the moisturiser says it's fragrance free it does still carry with it a very subtle scent. Nothing too noteworthy though.
- Bobbi Brown Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara. I'm kind of cheating with this one in that I haven't actually road tested it yet! Eeep! I've been saving it to travel with later this year. It's for this exact reason though that this product has made it into my top 5. At an adorable 3ml's this mascara is perfect to travel with. Plus it's Bobbi Brown so it's got to be good right?!
Well, that about wraps things up for my top 5 Glossybox products over the past 4 months. I hope that was in some way helpful or interesting or at the very least - time filling! If you have any beauty box gems you'd like to share with me I'd be more than delighted to hear about them.
A whole lotta' love,